Thursday, September 24, 2009

Rome photos



View from the top of the Spanish steps



The crowd looks on in wonder as some dudes clean out the Trevi Fountain...



The Trevi Fountain, in swing



View of the Tiber



The ubiquitous SPQR - Senatus Populusque Roma - the Senate and the people of Rome...



Spanish steps - underwhelming



Miaows in the ruins!



Looking across the Circus Maximus to the ruins on the Palatine. For some reason those flat-topped trees and ruins always make me think of Israel...



A liffant for my Dad to add to his virtual herd



Eyes without a face... in Santa Maria di Trastevere or whatever it's called



Pope Creepius I in St Peter's



A self-portrait by the Tiber



Looking down the Appian Way

2 comments:

  1. So jealous of your Cinque Terre photos! That's high on my paid vacation priority list, but the weather probably won't be as nice as it was when you were there by the time I get the chance to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazingly gorgeous, I really recommend it. I was so lucky, it rained a bit in Milan, rained in Florence, rained in Rome, and then it was *gorgeous* for the Cinque Terre, not too hot to make walking unbearable, but sunny and perfect for when you got to the beach! At least out of season there will be fewer tourists, although it wasn't too bad in that respect. I wouldn't be keen to do it in mid-August though!

    ReplyDelete

Feed the Comment Monster! Rawrrrr

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.