Friday, September 18, 2009

Rome photos

Post below as well on my day at the Vatican. And while I have your attention, anonymice, reveal thyselves! I like to know who's commenting!




Liked the look of this shaggy wee customer - don't spear him!



St Peters



A ceiling in the Vatican



Trajan's Column



Raphael's School of Athens fresco



A statue of the Egyptian god Anubis dressed up in a toga. He just made me laugh, he looks so jaunty!



The Roman Forum



Raphael's fresco of the fire of something



One of Raphael's frescoes



Another of Raphael's frescoes



Creepy Masonic-eye-thingy in one of the churches



Dome of St Peters on the horizon



This amused me - fire extinguisher in the Pitti Palace. If it's good enough for F1, it's good enough for priceless works of art!



The Colisseum



Caffe Hag - I won't suggest who might like a cup, but perhaps Dad can make some suggestions?



Arch of Constantine

1 comment:

  1. Oi! Less of the hag references. (No prizes for guessing this anon.)

    ReplyDelete

Feed the Comment Monster! Rawrrrr

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.